PRIVACY & COOKIES
1. Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
W for Water BV, a private company with limited liability having its registered address at Oostelijke Handelskade 531, 1019 BW, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with Chamber of Commerce number 71130640, is responsible for the processing of your personal data, hereinafter referred to as ‘WALLIEN’, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’.
2. Which personal data do we collect?
WALLIEN only processes personal data that you have provided to us on our website or personal data we receive from you if we communicate with you via e-mail, online or social media. This information may include your first and last name, e-mail address, address, telephone number, payment details, account details, order details, your communication with us, your preferences and your reviews of our products and services.
We consider this information is necessary for us to execute our services, including delivery of goods, arrange payment, in a for you most efficient and convenient manner.
3. Why do we collect your data and how do we use it?
- To register and maintain your account.
- To process/fulfill your order.
- To provide you with information, products and/or services that you have requested from us.
- To provide you with personalized marketing, advertising and information about our products and/or services by creating a profile based on your preferences and purchasing history.
- To customize, measure and improve your experience on our website. To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and device.
- For the specific purpose you have voluntarily provided us with your personal data.
- To improve and develop our products and services.
- To perform our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- For statistical research and analytics, such as measuring our audience.
- To prevent or detect fraud, abuse, illegal use, and to comply with court orders, governmental requests or applicable law.
We base our processing of your personal data on several legal grounds. When you purchase our products, we need your personal data to fulfill our contract with you. We further rely on your consent (if necessary), our legitimate interests as a business or process your data if we need to comply with a legal obligation.
4. How do we collect your data?
We collect the data that you have voluntarily provided us on and via our website or via e-mail, online or social media. We also collect your data, such as technical information about your devices and your behavior on our website, by using cookies and other similar tracking technologies, hereinafter referred to as ‘Cookies’.
5. What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are stored on your computer by the website you visit. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website and help them remember certain information about you.
6. Which categories of cookies are used on our website?
There are three types of Cookies used on our website:
- Essential cookies: these Cookies are used to register your settings and preferences and are required for the core operation of our website.
- Analytics cookies: these Cookies are generally used to improve our website and to optimize our webpages and newsletters.
- Advertising & Social Media Cookies: these are Cookies such as advertising cookies, which are used for promotional purposes (direct and affiliate marketing/newsletters, etc.) These Cookies also help us understand your behavior on our website and to improve your experience on our website.
See below a list of the main cookies we use:
|__shopify_visit, shopify_uniq, _shopify_s, _shopify_y, _landing_page, _orig_referrer,
cart, checkout, checkout_token, _secure_session_id,
|Shopify||These Cookies allow our servers to recognize you on our website. For example, to know you are logged in or have added products to your cart.||click here||2 years|
|fw_fr fw_flu fw_vi fw_sq first_session||FreshDesk||These Cookies are dropped by our partner FreshDesk and allow us to offer you a live customer service chat.||click here||2 year|
|_ga, _gac, _gid||These Cookies are dropped by our partner Google for traffic and user behaviour analytics.||click here||2 years|
|_hjClosedSurveyInvites, _hjIncludedInSample, _hjMinimizedPolls, hjDonePolls, _hjDoneTestersWidgets, _hjMinimizedTestersWidgets||Hotjar||These Cookies are dropped by our partner Hotjar for user behaviour analytics.||click here||365 days|
|Click here||Google Advertising Features||These Cookies are dropped by our partner Google to allow is the make advertising more engaging to users.||2 years|
|lu, xs, s, presence, act, c_user, csm, p, fr, datr||These Cookies are dropped by our partner Facebook and allow us to make advertising more engaging to users.||click here||485 days|
|_kla_id||Klaviyo||These Cookies are dropped by our partner Klaviyo and allow us to make email marketing more engaging to users.||click here||2 years|
7. Manage your Cookie preferences
You can always change your Cookie preferences or disable Cookies via your browser settings. For more information on how to change your Cookie preferences please check your browser settings and browser Help Menu. In case you use different devices and different browsers to access our site, you will need to adjust your Cookie preferences on each browser on each device.
You can also click on one of the links below to learn how you can manage your Cookie preferences on your browser:
Please note that if you disable all Cookies, we can’t guarantee access to all the sections of our site and/or whether our site will function correctly.
It is also possible to install a browser plugin, such as Ghostery, that will give you an up-to-date summary of all the third-parties accessing your browser and that will give you the option to disable certain Cookies. Finally you could opt-out of Google Analytics cookies through their opt-out website here.
8. Your rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request an electronic copy of your personal data.
- Correct your personal data.
- Object to our processing of your data.
- Restrict how we process your personal data.
- Ask us to delete your personal data.
- Revoke your consent.
- File a complaint with a supervisory authority in the EU Member State.
You can send your request to email@example.com. Please note that we will decline to comply with your requests in the event that we are legally obliged to keep your data the way it is, which legal obligation we will share with you.
If you do not want to receive marketing communications from WALLIEN any longer, please let us know by sending us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or opt-out via the opt-out mechanism provided in all our e-mail communications.
9. Transfer, retention, security and processing of data
The transfer, storage and processing of your data is secured by means of current, usual technical measures. For example, we use HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) and SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)-certificates to protect our website, especially on the webpages where you need to fill out your payment details.
We will retain your data for no longer than as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the data or in so far as such is necessary for compliance with legal and statutory obligations and for solving any disputes.
We provide your personal data to third parties if this is necessary to provide the services available on our website or if there is a legal obligation to do so. We also provide your personal data to third party service providers who help us to provide you with the best experience possible.
10. Third part apps/tools
See below a list of the main third party apps/tools we use:
|Shopify||Ireland||click here||Invite customer accounts, analyizing & reporting, automation|
|Space Squirrel Ltd.||USA||click here||Creating discount codes and shoppable (Instagram) images|
|Picqer||The Netherlands||click here||Fulfill orders with 3PL|
|Klaviyo||USA||click here||Email marketing|
|FreshDesk, Inc.||USA||click here||
Our payment page is hosted by Shopify. Once you have selected your payment type you will be redirected to a third party payment environment. We offer the following third party payment service providers Stripe, PayPal and Mollie, which offer secure gateways.