"Our actions are like ships which we may watch set out to sea, and not know when or with what cargo they will return to port."
Iris Murdoch, The Bell
OUR VALUES AND IMPACT
We have no interest in peddling a greenwashed version of the impact our manufacturing process and finished product make on the earth.
At WALLIEN we are honest and we are accountable. We will give it to you straight. The most environmentally sound wetsuit is no wetsuit, or an old wetsuit. But you knew that, right?
By buying Wallien you are committing to making as light a possible footprint as a wetsuit consumer.
Here is why.
WE PROTECT THE SEAS
WALLIEN's heart and soul as a brand is engaged in how to preserve and restore this beautiful blue planet we are lucky enough to live and play on.
We actively support the promotion of sustainable fishing practices and creation of many more marine protected areas through our partnership with the Blue Marine Foundation.
The Earth’s oceans are not just places of astounding diversity, mystery and beauty, their function in our ecosystem is immense. The ocean is our greatest carbon store. The carbon sequestered by the world’s oceans and coastal wetlands is termed ‘blue carbon’. These ecosystems are some of the world’s most efficient absorbers of carbon dioxide.
Overfishing one of the planet’s greatest evironmental threats. The Blue Marine Foundation is an organisation that is actively and successfully lobbying and campaigning for 30% of the world’s seas to be under effective protection by 2030 and the remaining 70% managed in a responsible way.
WE ARE CONSTANTLY SEEKING TO IMPROVE
By investing, researching and developing new sustainable and high-performing technology in rubber foams, glues and other fabrics, we aim for a better product, and a kinder one to the planet.
When it comes to neoprene, the more sustainable choice is also the superior quality choice. Our wetsuits are made from Yamamoto Japanese Limestone Neoprene, a fabric revolution in wetsuit technology and sustainability.
By using best quality zips, threads and glues we maximise a wetsuit’s lifespan.
Every part of our swimwear is made with Italian fabrics manufactured from recycled plastics and old fishing nets. We wrap your wetsuit in a bio-plastic bag made from corn that is compostable and carbon neutral. And deliver them in recyclable cardboard and biodegradable bags.
WE NEVER DISCARD OLD STOCK
The fashion clock is one of the reasons the garment industry is one of the most polluting there is. At WALLIEN we do not over produce, and every item is an evergreen, with an enduring appeal that will never go out of style.